Net install apparently doesn't execute update2utf8.pl
I did a network install, followed by an apt-get dist-upgrade from my own builder. I was having a problem that auto-generated scenarios would not work from UpdateEntArea.
The UpdateEntArea log was showing that its queries were failing because of a missing field FK_Text.
Apparently, update2utf8.pl was supposed to add this extra field, but never did. I ran update2utf8.pl manually, and still i had no autogenerated scenarios. linuxmce@dcerouter:/usr/pluto/bin$ sudo ./update2utf8.pl [password for linuxmce: DONE
I then manually ran the mysql statement: mysql> ALTER TABLE pluto_main.CommandGroup ADD FK_Text INT(11) DEFAULT NULL AFTER TemplateParm2; Query OK, 28 rows affected (0.07 sec) Records: 28 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0
It needs investigated whether update2utf8.pl is being run on a network install.