PlutoDHCP returns a segmentation fault causing an empty dhcp.conf
I just did an dist-upgrade without doing one in over a month. I noticed that my dhcpd.conf file was empty. From what I can tell, the PltuoDHCP program is supposed to write the conf file. When manually running PlutoDHCP, I got a segmentation fault. Not really sure what that meant, I found I could get the core dump by running the program in gdb, so I did that and included the results.
dcerouter_1044190:/usr/pluto/bin# /usr/pluto/bin/PlutoDHCP Segmentation fault (core dumped) dcerouter_1044190:/usr/pluto/bin# gdb /usr/pluto/bin/PlutoDHCP GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4-2012.04-0ubuntu2.1) 7.4-2012.04 Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "i686-linux-gnu". For bug reporting instructions, please see: <http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>... Reading symbols from /usr/pluto/bin/PlutoDHCP...done. (gdb) run Starting program: /usr/pluto/bin/PlutoDHCP [debugging using libthread_db enabled](Thread) Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1". [Thread 0xb6c2ab40 (LWP 377)](New) [0xb6c2ab40 (LWP 377) exited](Thread) Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. _int_malloc (av=0xb7142440, bytes=1024) at malloc.c:3873 3873 malloc.c: No such file or directory. (gdb) bt #0 _int_malloc (av=0xb7142440, bytes=1024) at malloc.c:3873 #1 0xb7015edc in __GI___libc_malloc (bytes=1024) at malloc.c:2924 #2 0xb70a5616 in getservbyname (name=0xb6d098f1 "mysql", proto=0xb6d0344c "tcp") at ../nss/getXXbyYY.c:103 #3 0xb6c849ee in mysql_server_init () from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so.18 #4 0xb6c8b639 in mysql_init () from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so.18 #5 0xb7f80ea5 in db_wrapper_init (db_link=0x0) at ../db_wrapper/db_wrapper.cpp:512 #6 0xb73e7f9c in Database_pluto_main::Connect(std::string, std::string, std::string, std::string, int) () from /usr/pluto/lib/libpluto_main.so #7 0x0804b236 in PlutoDHCP::PlutoDHCP (this=0xbffff200, PK_Installation=1044190, host=..., user=..., pass=..., db_name=..., port=3306) at PlutoDHCP.cpp:64 #8 0x0804a9de in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff324) at Main.cpp:120